A seamless 2-way connection between Pipedrive and Mailchimp:
- Make all Pipedrive contacts or a subset available in a Mailchimp list along with fields and custom fields
- Keep the two databases in-sync going forward. Eg. if someone moves from Pipeline stage X to Y or is marked as Won/Lost, this is recorded in Mailchimp in (near) real time.
- When people open or click on email campaigns, this data will be recorded in Pipedrive as custom events, Notes and/or new Deals
Here’s how to start using our Pipedrive-MailChimp integration:
- Sign up for an Outfunnel account, adding your email, name and password.
- Then, connect your Mailchimp and Pipedrive accounts as per on-screen instructions.
- You’re ready to set up your first Pipedrive to Mailchimp sync! Go to Connections and first choose whether to sync all Pipedrive contacts or only contacts you’ve defined with a filter. Then choose which MailChimp list you’d like the contacts to be synced to.
With Outfunnel you can sync different Pipedrive filters to different MailChimp lists (eg. separate email lists for different regions or product lines) or you can sync different Pipedrive filters to the same MailChimp list (eg. a filter with open Deals for each sales rep, all synced to one big newsletter list).
Please note that as you’re syncing contacts not Deals, then only People filters are visible and available to select in Pipedrive.
Please also note it takes 3-10 minutes for your chosen Pipedrive contacts to appear in MailChimp.
4. Then, choose what events you’d like recorded from MailChimp to Pipedrive. The default settings are:
- A custom event “Newsletter sent” is created for each email sent
- A note is created for each email opened
- A new deal, Note and custom activity “Newsletter clicked” is created for each email clicked. A new deal is created for Default owned ie. owner or that Person record.
- Unsubscribes are recorded as Notes
You can change these defaults and choose which Pipeline is used for creating new Deals and who the Deal Owner is. Also, you can sync activity from all MailChimp lists or only specific MailChimp lists.
That’s it. You’re ready to start sending email campaigns from MailChimp and seeing activity reflected in Pipedrive.
Also, check out this post which describes the seven powerful automations you get with Outfunnel.
Couple of things to keep in mind:
- Pipedrive records from MailChimp activities are created several times per day but not in real time. You can force a sync in near real-time when you click on a Sync and then click the “Sync events now” button.
- If you’d like to receive email notifications about people opening and/or clicking your newsletters, you’ll need to turn on Email notifications feature in Pipedrive. (See how). Once enabled, each user can turn on Email notifications by going to Settings > Personal > Preferences > Notifications.
You can easily upgrade and downgrade between plans. When downgrading, excess funds will remain as credit. Switching between plans can be done at any time in the billing cycle.
Yes, our service is GDPR compliant. Our servers are hosted in EU and we’ve put a lot of thought and effort into keeping it safe. We don’t unnecessarily gather or process data, and we don’t gather or use data without explicit consent. We expect our customers to also be GDPR compliant.
Yes, we have an extremely high bar for keeping data secure and a suitable amount of relevant experience. Our tools and security measures are based on the more demanding end of industry best practices.
We’ll let you know and ask you to consider upgrading. Your Outfunnel account will not be paused unless you’re over the limit by more than 20% and/or we haven’t heard back from you.
The limit of for contacts and events to sync is cumulative ie. it’s a sum of your contacts and email events recorded in Pipedrive. For example if you have 5000 people in your leads list and you email them 4 times a month, each time generating 1000 email opens and clicks, that’s altogether 9000 records and you’re nicely within the 10,000 contacts and events limit.