This article helps you get more out of our marketing emails feature.
We recommend that you verify your domain so that email providers and clients can be confident it was sent by us with your permission. This improves deliverability rates and helps to get your email past spam filters. You can use Outfunnel’s email feature without domain authentication, too, but you’ll probably get better results with authentification done.
For background: domain authentication is not an Outfunnel feature, but part of public email infrastructure. Email Providers like Gmail, Yahoo, and Microsoft/Outlook, use DKIM and SPF authentication as a way to scan incoming emails for spam or spoofed addresses.
To set up authentication, you need to change some account settings with your DNS provider. If you don’t have access to your DNS records, please send these instruction to someone on your technical / IT team.
How to authenticate your domain in 3 (relatively) easy steps:
- Verify the email address you signed up for Outfunnel with. Simply click on the link in the very first email you received from Outfunnel. (Subject line was “Welcome to Outfunnel”).
- To set up DKIM (DomainKeys Identified Mail) records, go to your domain’s cPane or Zone Editor and create a CNAME record for
o1._domainkey.yoursite.comwith this value dkim.outfunnel.com.
- Please note that any previously existing DKIM records would not need to be edited or removed.
- To add Outfunnel to your SPF records, go to your domain’s cPane or Zone Editor and navigate to TEXT records. Every domain has only one SPF TEXT record, so update the existing one or create a new one if there isn’t one in place. (To see if you already have a SPF TEXT record, open your TEXT records and look for one that would start with v=spf1)
- Add include:servers.outfunnel.com to your existing SPF TXT record for yoursite.com
- … or create the following TXT record for yoursite.com: v=spf1 include:servers.outfunnel.com ?all
- (The whole SPF text record may include several domains and it always starts with v=spf1 and ends with all)
PS. yoursite.com refers to the domain you wish to use for sending emails (eg. outfunnel.com, outfunnel.eu, etc).
If you bump into challenges or if you’d like to validate whether domain authentication has been set up properly, please get in touch.