Automating your marketing can save you time and hassle, plus give your sales team useful insights about leads so they know whom to talk to, and what to pitch.
The good news? Marketing automation in tight sync with your CRM (Pipedrive and Copper as of early 2020) is easy with Outfunnel. It takes just a few hours to implement most things described in this post.
Here are 5 major benefits you get from using Outfunnel:
- Nurture your leads with automated drip campaigns or one-off emails
- Sync email engagement and web visits to your CRM, so your sales team has full context before they reach out
- Use web tracking to see which pages and content pieces leads visit on your website
- Build lists of qualified opportunities with lead scoring, or by simply targeting people who clicked or opened a particular email, or visited your website
- For sales: set up automatic follow-up emails for specific stages of your sales process or for re-engaging “lost” opportunities
- For marketing: auto-sync your email lists – save time and never import-export a .csv file again!
- Generate new leads from your website and have the right information appear in your CRM
- Auto-create new Deals/Opportunities in your CRM for leads who engage with emails
- Understand which channels and pages lead to sales revenue
Any of these steps should take minutes rather than hours or days, help to drive results almost immediately and save you lots of time in the long run.
1. NURTURE LEADS WITH EMAIL MARKETING
Nurture your leads with automated drip campaigns or one-off emails
Want to send a quick one-off email to a subset of your contacts in Pipedrive or Copper, for example a webinar invite or a promotional offer?
Or send an educational sequence campaign (aka email drip) to go out over several days or weeks?
This is easy.
Step 1: Define the recipients of your campaign in your CRM. Read our detailed guide on creating segments in Pipedrive or Copper
Step 2: Authenticate your domain (Optional, but highly recommended)
Step 3: Go to Outfunnel > Campaigns -> “Create new campaign” to and access the segment(s) you’d created in your CRM and create your emails.
2. PROVIDE SALES WITH CONTEXT ABOUT LEADS
Use web tracking to see which pages and content your leads visit on your website
Our website visitor tracking feature, or simply Web tracking as we call it, shows you which of your leads are visiting your website, and which pages of your website. This way you’ll know who appears more interested in your products and services, more ready to buy.
You can have this information automatically synced to contacts in your CRM.
Step 1: Add the Outfunnel tracking code on your site
Step 2: Start sending emails from Outfunnel or Mailchimp (you’ll need to connect Mailchimp and enable e-commerce link tracking for the latter).
Step 3. Sync web visits to your CRM. Go to Outfunnel > Automations, scroll to Outfunnel to CRM automations and click Configure.
For a more in-depth guide, check out our web tracking feature’s FAQs page.
Sync your email marketing with your CRM to help your sales team get context about leads
As a salesperson, wouldn’t it be great to see which emails people that I want to speak to have received, opened and clicked?
Unbelievably (read: predictably), this is one of the things you get with Outfunnel! If you’re using Outfunnel to send emails, this is enabled by default and you can even customize how email engagement is recorded in your CRM.
If you’re sending all or some emails via Mailchimp, you can set up a Mailchimp-to-CRM automation in the Automations page to do things like:
- Have a custom activity “Newsletter sent”, “Newsletter opened” or “Newsletter clicked” added when people engage with emails.
- Have unsubscribes and even bounces recorded in Pipedrive, so you can plan follow-up activities.
The default setting is syncing all Mailchimp audiences, but you can also send email activity from specific Audiences only.
Build lists of qualified opportunities with lead scoring, or by targeting people who took a particular action
Smart salespeople find ways to qualify leads even before having a conversation, and prospects clicking on marketing emails or visiting your site is a great proxy.
Our lead scoring feature can auto-calculate a score for each contact based on how they’ve engaged with your emails and what they’ve done on your site, and sync it back to the CRM.
Alternatively, if you’ve configured Outfunnel to record email opens/ clicks or website visits as Custom activity in your CRM, you can later use Activity filters to build a call list. Simply navigate to the Activities tab in your CRM, define the date range and choose either “Newsletter Opened”, “Newsletter Clicked” or “Website visit” as the activity to be filtered.
Bonus tip: if you’d like to take this a step further you could also use the workflow automation feature in your CRM to create a new follow-up activity upon on a specific page visit. For example, you can trigger the automation to create a new “Call” activity when a lead visits your “pricing” page.
3. INCREASE SALES & MARKETING PRODUCTIVITY
Sales productivity: set up automatic follow-up emails for specific stages of your sales process
Wouldn’t it be nice if an email or a series of emails went out if a Deal reached a certain stage in your pipeline? Or once you’ve converted someone from a Lead to a Contact, or closed a sale? Well, you can make this happen with Outfunnel.
Step 1. Define recipients in your CRM.
- Pipedrive users: Set up a Pipedrive filter for People who you’d like to receive the campaign. For example “Deal Stage equals “Demo agreed” in the “Canada Sales” pipeline”
- Copper users: choose whether to use a certain tag, lead status or contact type as the trigger. For example, changing Lead Status from Cold to Qualified.
Step 2. Set up an Outfunnel sequence campaign to send out one email or a sequence of emails once people in your CRM start matching the audience. Read more about our automated emails functionality.
Step 2 alternative (if you’re using Mailchimp). Set up a CRM to Mailchimp automation that automatically adds people you’ve defined in Step 1 to an audience that should receive automated emails. Then, set up a Mailchimp automation campaign you’d like the relevant people to receive, where you set “people join or imported to your list” as the trigger.
Marketing productivity: auto-sync your email lists – save time and never import-export a .csv file again!
Often, when you need to send out a newsletter, there’s a bit of last-minute scrambling to extract the list.
You’ll want to…
- Add new and recent customers,
- Exclude people that you’ve parted ways with,
- Exclude very VIP customers that get their information from Account Managers over a lush dinner,
- Account for people that have changed jobs or email addresses, and
- Be sure to remove people that have unsubscribed from your marketing emails.
With Outfunnel you can define the newsletter list once and then forget about the need to ever need to extract another list.
Create or select a segment of Contacts that should receive your newsletter with either Pipedrive filters or Copper tags, lead statuses and contact types (read how)
That’s it! Then, as long as your CRM is up-to-date, your email list is up-to-date in Outfunnel, 24/7.
And if you’re using Mailchimp for some or all of your emails, you can sync this list to Mailchimp, too:
- Create or select a Mailchimp audience you’ll be using for your newsletters
- Sync the filter you’ve defined in Step 1 with the audience you’ve selected in Step 2 with Outfunnel. (Go to Outfunnel -> Automations -> CRM to Mailchimp automations -> New automation)
Now, whenever you need to send a newsletter, just open Mailchimp and send away, the mailing list is up to date even if customers have come or gone or changed statuses recently.
4. GENERATE NEW LEADS AND OPPORTUNITIES
Generate new leads from your website and have the right information appear in your CRM
While we don’t offer web forms and lead collection forms yet, we’ve made it easy to work with other tools that offer forms.
If you’re using forms by Gravity Forms or Mailchimp, Outfunnel can automatically add new form fills to your CRM.
Step 1. Add Outfunnel tracking code to your website (see above)
Step 2. Go to Automations > Mailchimp to CRM automations and check the “Create contacts from new subscribers” tickbox. Please note you can enable this for all Mailchimp audiences or only specific ones.
If you’re using Mailchimp forms you can even map the fields in your CRM. (Pipedrive only, Copper coming soon)
Auto-create new Deals/Opportunities in CRM for leads who engage with emails
If you have a straightforward marketing funnel where an email open or click is a clear sign of buyer’s intent, you’ll love this feature.
For example, if you have 1,000 people in your newsletter list, and if 15 clicked on a “Check out this new service” link, these 15 are probably warm leads worth following up.
With Outfunnel you can automatically create new Deals when people click on links in your newsletter. (Mailchimp emails and Pipedrive CRM only, Outfunnel emails and Copper CRM coming soon)
Step 1. Log in to Outfunnel, go to Automations and set up a new Mailchimp to Pipedrive automation (or edit an existing one).
Step 2. Choose whether new Deals are created from all Mailchimp Audiences or a particular one, and the Pipeline and Stage new Deals should appear in. (Set up multiple automations, if you’d like Deals from different Audiences to go to different Pipelines or pipeline stages.)
Step 3. Tick the “Create new deals from email” checkbox
Step 4. Send email campaigns from Mailchimp the same way you’ve always done, and take advantage of new Deals appearing in your CRM.
5. GET INSIGHTS
Understand which channels and content pieces lead to sales revenue.
We’ve saved the best for last. Wouldn’t it be nice to know which traffic sources, pieces of content and email campaigns lead to most won business, or highest-converting opportunities?
Right now, Outfunnel can help you record this data in your CRM so you can later analyze this in your CRM or a spreadsheet.
To enable this, co to Automations > Outfunnel to CRM automations > Web tracking and check the “Record contact source in CRM” tickbox. Once this is done, Outfunnel will then record traffic source data for all new contacts created.
We’re already working hard to make these insights more easily accessible right inside Outfunnel. If you’d like early access, let us know.
Ready to bring your sales and marketing closer together?
All of the above features are quick to set up and should save you quite a bit of money, compared to buying a monolithic large tool that does a little bit of everything.
Here’s to hours saved and additional leads generated!