Here are 9 things you can do with Outfunnel to save time and effort:
- Easily send emails to particular Pipedrive filters or segments
- Sync your email marketing with Pipedrive to help your sales team see email engagement right inside Pipedrive
- Set up Outfunnel to auto-sync your newsletter lists with your Pipedrive filters – never re-export a .csv again!
- Set up web visitor tracking to see what pages and blog posts your leads have seen before you talk to them
- Setup “Create new Deals” automation to auto-create new Deals in Pipedrive for leads who click on email links
- Set up automatic lead nurture emails for specific stages of your sales process
- Build call lists by filtering out people who clicked or opened a particular email, or visited your site
- Automate follow-ups to “lost” deals (so they could be “won” one day)
- Set up “exclusion filters” to make sure only the right people receive your emails
1. Send simple one-off emails to segments defined by Pipedrive, right within OutfunnelWant to send quick one-off emails or triggered campaigns to some subset of your leads in Pipedrive, and have Opens, Clicks and other activities instantly recorded in Pipedrive itself? You can! Step 1: Define the recipients of your campaign with filters in Pipedrive Open Pipedrive, navigate to Contacts > People view and use the available filters to define the segment(s) you’d like to send a campaign to. Save the filter as “Shared”. (Read more about using filters in Pipedrive) Step 2: Authenticate your domain (Optional, but recommended) Step 3: Go to Outfunnel > Campaigns -> “Create new campaign” -> follow through the process of naming the campaign, setting the recipients and composing the emails If you have any further questions or want a more thorough walkthrough, check out our FAQs page on how to use our email marketing feature.
2. Sync your email marketing with Pipedrive to help your sales team see email engagement right inside the sales tool
As a salesperson, wouldn’t it be great to see which emails people that I want to speak to have received, opened and clicked?
Unbelievably (read: predictably), this is one of the things you get with Outfunnel! If you’re using Outfunnel to send emails, this is enabled by default, and you don’t even need to lift a finger!
If you’re sending all or some emails via Mailchimp, you can set up a Mailchimp-to-Pipedrive automation as follows:
- Have a Note created if people receive, open or click emails, or when they unsubscribe
- Have a custom activity “Newsletter sent”, “Newsletter opened” or “Newsletter clicked” added when these things happen
- Have unsubscribes and even bounces recorded in Pipedrive, so you can plan follow-up activities.
The default setting is syncing all Mailchimp audiences (or Lists, as they were known previously), but you can also send email activity from specific Audiences only.
3. Set up Outfunnel to auto-sync your newsletter lists with your Pipedrive filters. (Never re-export a .csv again!)Often, when you need to send out a newsletter, there’s a bit of last-minute scrambling to extract the list. You’ll want to…
- Add new and recent customers,
- Exclude people that you’ve parted ways with,
- Exclude very VIP customers that get their information from Account Managers over a lush dinner,
- Account for people that have changed jobs or email addresses, and
- Be sure to remove people that have unsubscribed from your marketing emails.
Now, whenever you need to send a newsletter, just open Mailchimp and send away, the mailing list is up to date even if customers have come or gone or changed statuses recently.Read more about using our Pipedrive-Mailchimp integration. Pro-tip: If you send your newsletters via Outfunnel itself, all the filters you’ve defined in Step 1 will always be available and up-to-date within Outfunnel!
4. Set up web visitor tracking to see what pages and blog posts your leads have seen before you talk to themOur website visitor tracking feature, or simply Web tracking as we call it, shows you which of your leads are visiting your website, and which pages of your website. This way you’ll know who appears more interested in your products and services, more ready to buy.
Oh, and you can have this information automatically added to your Pipedrive deals and contacts as well. Step 1: Add the Outfunnel tracking code on your site Step 2: Connect your Mailchimp account to Outfunnel (Outfunnel -> Connections) and send email campaigns with Mailchimp, and enable e-commerce link tracking Step 2 alternative: just send email campaigns from Outfunnel! This way the tool will start identifying web visits of leads that click on emails automatically. For a more in-depth guide, check out our web tracking feature’s FAQs page.
5. Setup “Create new Deals” automation to auto-create new Deals in Pipedrive when leads click on email linksIf you have a straightforward marketing funnel where an email open or click is a clear sign of buyer’s intent, you’ll love this feature. For example, if you have 1,000 people in your newsletter list, and if 15 clicked on a “Check out this new service” link, these 15 are probably warm leads worth following up on.
With Outfunnel you can automatically create new Deals when people click on links in your newsletter.
Step 1. Log in to Outfunnel, go to Automations and set up a new Mailchimp to Pipedrive automation (or edit an existing one).
Step 2. Choose whether new Deals are created from all Mailchimp Audiences or a particular one, and the Pipeline and Stage new Deals should appear in. (Set up multiple automations, if you’d like Deals from different Audiences to go to different Pipelines or pipeline stages.)
Step 3. Tick the “Create new deals from email” checkbox
Step 4. Send email campaigns from Mailchimp the same way you’ve always done, and take advantage of new Deals appearing in Pipedrive.
6. Set up lead nurture emails for specific stages of your sales process
Wouldn’t it be nice if an email or a series of emails went out if a Deal reached a certain stage in your pipeline? And you’d like the email drip to end once they’ve moved on from that stage? Automated email marketing for Pipedrive? Well, you can make this happen with Outfunnel.
Step 1. Set up a Pipedrive filter for People who you’d like to receive the campaign. For example “Deal Stage equals “Demo agreed” in the “Canada Sales” pipeline”
Step 2. Set up a new Mailchimp audience and name it something you recognize later, such as “Canada pre-demo education”
Step 3. Set up a Pipedrive to Mailchimp sync that automatically adds people you’ve defined in Step 1 to audience you defined in Step 2.
Step 4. Lastly, set up a Mailchimp automation campaign you’d like the relevant people to receive, where you set “people join or imported to your list” as the trigger.Pro tip: Instead of steps 2 to 4 you can now also use Outfunnel’s own email sequences tool, probably the easiest way to trigger emails to certain segments.
7. Build call lists by filtering out people who clicked or opened a particular email, or visited your site
Smart salespeople find ways to qualify leads even before having a conversation, and prospects clicking on marketing emails or visiting your site is a great proxy.
If you’ve configured Outfunnel to record email opens/ clicks or website visits as Custom activity in Pipedrive, you can later use Activity filters to build a call list. Simply navigate to the Activities tab in Pipedrive, define the date range and choose either “Newsletter Opened”, “Newsletter Clicked” or “Website visit” as the activity to be filtered.
Bonus tip: if you’d like to take this a step further you could also use Pipedrive’s workflow automation feature to create a new activity based on a specific page visit. For example, you can trigger the automation to create a new “Call” activity when a lead visits your “pricing” page. See here for more info on workflow automation. Please note that this feature is available for Pipedrive Gold and Platinum plan.
8. Automate follow-ups to “lost” deals (so they could be “won” one day)
In most sales situations you lose more deals than you win, and a “no” often really means “not right now”. Good salespeople have a habit of setting up a reminder for the next check-in. This may be in 6 or 12 months, however, and you may want to be somewhat visible between now and then.
The solution? Automate relationship nurturing with people who didn’t say “yes” right away.
Step 1. Agree on how follow-ups are handled and recorded in Pipedrive. This may be either:
- Marking a deal as “Lost” and setting a future Activity to check in
- Moving a deal to a separate “Lead nurture” pipeline
- Marking a deal as “Lost” and marking the need to follow up with a custom field (that can be later used with Filters and/or Contacts Timeline)
- Moving a deal to a specific “Follow up later” stage in your pipeline
Step 2. However you’ve defined the “Lost but follow up” segment, you can then use this event as a trigger to start a lead nurturing sequence. And here I don’t advocate dumping all leads into a generic newsletter list but really add value with your content.
An automated follow-up sequence can easily be set up in lots of different ways, using the same steps I’ve outlined above (see: Set up lead nurture for specific stages of your sales process)
9. Set up an “exclusion filter” to make sure only the right people receive your emails
Isn’t it annoying when you receive an email to buy product X shortly after completing the purchase? Or when you’re in the middle of a heated conversation about contract terms with a company and then receive a generic email which advises you to “book a demo” among other things?
Sometimes, the best marketing is no marketing, and marketing at an unwelcome time is also known by the name of “spam”.
Here’s what every company should do:
Step 1. Define the pipeline stages and other contextual information that suggests that someone should NOT receive your usual campaigns, newsletters or other marketing activity. For example:
- Stages “Offer sent” and “Contract negotiations”
- 45 days after a deal has been won
Step 2. Take the five minutes it takes to make sure your Pipedrive filters that you use to define campaign lists reflect that.
Step 3. Set up a new Pipedrive to Mailchimp automation to keep your mailing list and this exclusion filter up-to-date.
All of the above automations (or “hacks” as some call them) are quick to set up and very affordable, compared to buying a monolithic large tool that does a little bit of everything.
Here’s to hours saved and additional leads generated!