Automating your marketing can save you time and hassle, plus give your sales team useful insights about leads so they know whom to talk to, and what to pitch.
The good news? Marketing automation in tight sync with your CRM (Pipedrive, Copper and HubSpot CRM) is easy with Outfunnel. It takes just a few hours to implement most things described in this post.
Here are 5 major benefits of Outfunnel:
- Nurture your leads with automated drip campaigns or one-off emails
- Sync email engagement and web visits to your CRM, so your sales team has full context before they reach out
- Use web tracking to see which pages and content pieces leads visit on your website
- Build lists of qualified opportunities with lead scoring, or by simply targeting people who clicked or opened a particular email, or visited your website
- For sales: set up automatic follow-up emails for specific stages of your sales process or for re-engaging “lost” opportunities
- For marketing: auto-sync your email lists – save time and never import-export a .csv file again!
- Generate new leads from your website and have the right information appear in your CRM
- Auto-create new Deals/Opportunities in your CRM for leads who engage with emails
- Understand which channels and pages lead to new deals and actual sales revenue
- See which email marketing campaigns drive new deals and revenue
Any of these steps should take minutes rather than hours or days, help to drive results almost immediately and save you lots of time in the long run.
1. NURTURE LEADS WITH EMAIL MARKETING
Nurture your leads with automated drip campaigns or one-off emails
Want to send a quick one-off email to a subset of your contacts in Pipedrive or Copper, for example a webinar invite or a promotional offer?
Or send an educational sequence campaign (aka email drip) to go out over several days or weeks?
This is easy.
Step 2: Authenticate your domain (Optional, but highly recommended)
Step 3: Go to Outfunnel > Campaigns -> “Create new campaign” to and access the segment(s) you’d created in your CRM and create your emails.
2. PROVIDE SALES WITH CONTEXT ABOUT LEADS
Use web tracking to see which pages and content your leads visit on your website
Our website visitor tracking feature, or simply Web tracking as we call it, shows you which of your leads are visiting your website, and which pages of your website. This way you’ll know who appears more interested in your products and services, more ready to buy.
You can have this information automatically synced to contacts in your CRM.
Step 1: Add the Outfunnel tracking code on your site.
Step 2: Start sending emails from Outfunnel or Mailchimp (you’ll need to connect Mailchimp and enable e-commerce link tracking for the latter).
Step 3. Sync web visits to your CRM. Go to Outfunnel > Automations, scroll to Outfunnel to CRM automations and click Configure.
That’s it! Now when a lead visits your website, their visit will be shown on their contact page in your CRM. For a more in-depth guide, check out our web tracking feature’s FAQs page.
Sync your email marketing with your CRM to help your sales team get context about leads
As a salesperson, wouldn’t it be great to see which emails people that I want to speak to have received, opened and clicked?
Unbelievably (read: predictably), this is one of the things you get with Outfunnel! If you’re using Outfunnel to send emails, this is enabled by default and you can even customize how email engagement is recorded in your CRM.
If you’re sending all or some emails via Mailchimp, you can set up a Mailchimp-to-CRM automation in the Automations page to do things like:
- Have a custom activity “Newsletter sent”, “Newsletter opened” or “Newsletter clicked” added when people engage with emails.
- Have unsubscribes and even bounces recorded in your CRM, so you can plan follow-up activities.
The default setting is syncing all Mailchimp audiences, but you can also send email activity from specific Audiences only.
Note: We currently have 2-way Mailchimp integrations for Pipedrive and Copper, with the HubSpot CRM to Mailchimp integration coming soon.
Build lists of qualified opportunities with lead scoring, or by targeting people who took a particular action
Smart salespeople find ways to qualify leads even before having a conversation, and prospects clicking on marketing emails or visiting your site is a great proxy.
Our lead scoring feature can auto-calculate a score for each contact based on how they’ve engaged with your emails and what they’ve done on your site, and sync it back to the CRM.
Alternatively, if you’ve configured Outfunnel to record email opens/ clicks or website visits as Custom activity in your CRM, you can later use Activity filters to build a call list. Simply navigate to the Activities tab in your CRM, define the date range and choose either “Newsletter Opened”, “Newsletter Clicked” or “Website visit” as the activity to be filtered.
Bonus tip: if you’d like to take this a step further you could also use the workflow automation feature in your CRM to create a new follow-up activity upon on a specific page visit. For example, you can trigger the automation to create a new “Call” activity when a lead visits your “pricing” page.
3. INCREASE SALES & MARKETING PRODUCTIVITY
Sales productivity: set up automatic follow-up emails for specific stages of your sales process
Wouldn’t it be nice if an email or a series of emails went out if a Deal reached a certain stage in your pipeline? Or once you’ve converted someone from a Lead to a Contact, or closed a sale? Well, you can make this happen with Outfunnel.
Step 1. Define recipients in your CRM.
- Pipedrive users: Set up a Pipedrive filter for People who you’d like to receive the campaign. For example “Deal Stage equals Demo agreed in the Canada Sales pipeline“.
- Copper users: choose whether to use a certain tag, lead status or contact type as the trigger. For example, changing Lead Status from Cold to Qualified.
- HubSpot CRM users: Set up a contact-based active list for people who you’d like to receive the campaign. For example “Deal stage equals Closed won“.
Step 2. Set up an Outfunnel sequence campaign to send out one email or a sequence of emails once people in your CRM start matching the audience. Read more about our automated emails functionality.
Step 2 alternative (if you’re using Mailchimp). Set up a CRM to Mailchimp automation that automatically adds people you’ve defined in Step 1 to an audience that should receive automated emails. Then, set up a Mailchimp automation campaign you’d like the relevant people to receive, where you set “people join or imported to your list” as the trigger.
Note: You can set up a CRM to Mailchimp automation if you’re using Pipedrive or Copper. Our HubSpot CRM-Mailchimp integration is coming soon.
Marketing productivity: auto-sync your email lists – save time and never import-export a .csv file again!
Often, when you need to send out a newsletter, there’s a bit of last-minute scrambling to extract the list.
You’ll want to…
- Add new and recent customers,
- Exclude people that you’ve parted ways with,
- Exclude very VIP customers that get their information from Account Managers over a lush dinner,
- Account for people that have changed jobs or email addresses, and
- Be sure to remove people that have unsubscribed from your marketing emails.
With Outfunnel you can define the newsletter list once and then forget about the need to ever need to extract another list.
Create or select a segment of Contacts that should receive your newsletter. In HubSpot, you can do this with lists, in Pipedrive with filters and in Copper, you can use tags, lead statuses and contact types (read how).
That’s it! Then, as long as your CRM is up-to-date, your email list is up-to-date in Outfunnel, 24/7.
And if you’re using Mailchimp for some or all of your emails, you can sync this list to Mailchimp, too:
- Create or select a Mailchimp audience you’ll be using for your newsletters
- Sync the filter you’ve defined in Step 1 with the audience you’ve selected in Step 2 with Outfunnel. (Go to Outfunnel > App connector > New automation)
Now, whenever you need to send a newsletter, just open Mailchimp and send away, the mailing list is up to date even if customers have come or gone or changed statuses recently.
4. GENERATE NEW LEADS AND OPPORTUNITIES
Generate new leads from your website and have the right information appear in your CRM
While we don’t offer web forms and lead collection forms yet, we’ve made it easy to work with other tools that offer forms.
If you’re using Contact Form 7, Gravity Forms, Mailchimp forms or custom forms, Outfunnel will automatically add new form fills to your CRM once you have configured web tracking. See the instructions for setting up website visitor tracking.
If you’re using Mailchimp forms you can even map the fields in your CRM (works with Pipedrive only at this time).
Auto-create new Deals/Opportunities in CRM for leads who engage with emails
If you have a straightforward marketing funnel where an email open or click is a clear sign of buyer’s intent, you’ll love this feature.
For example, if you have 1,000 people in your newsletter list, and if 15 clicked on a “Check out this new service” link, these 15 are probably warm leads worth following up.
With Outfunnel you can automatically create new Deals when people click on links in your newsletter. (Mailchimp emails and Pipedrive CRM only. Outfunnel emails and Copper, HubSpot CRM coming soon.)
Step 1. Log in to Outfunnel, go to App connector and set up a new Mailchimp to Pipedrive automation (or edit an existing one).
Step 2. Choose whether new Deals are created from all Mailchimp Audiences or a particular one, and the Pipeline and Stage new Deals should appear in. (Set up multiple automations, if you’d like Deals from different Audiences to go to different Pipelines or pipeline stages.)
Step 3. Tick the “Create new deals from email” checkbox.
Step 4. Send email campaigns from Mailchimp the same way you’ve always done, and take advantage of new Deals appearing in your CRM.
5. GET INSIGHTS
Understand which channels and content pieces lead to sales revenue
We’ve saved the best for last. Wouldn’t it be nice to know which traffic sources, pieces of content and email campaigns lead to most won business, or highest-converting opportunities?
You can see this data with our channel report, which you can find under Web tracking. The channel report shows an aggregate view of contacts that web tracking has identified, split by traffic source. And if you’ve connected a CRM, the report also shows you new deals/opportunities that have been created and won for every channel, as well as the conversion rate.
See which email marketing campaigns drive new deals and revenue
Likewise, wouldn’t it be useful to know how many deals and how much revenue each of your email campaigns helped generate?
Meet Outfunnel’s email conversion report.
The email conversion report shows you how many new deals were created and won from the recipients of the campaign. This report is split by those who did nothing, opened the campaign, clicked the campaign and replied to the campaign.
Ready to bring your sales and marketing closer together?
All of the above features are quick to set up and should save you quite a bit of money, compared to buying a monolithic large tool that does a little bit of everything.
Here’s to hours saved and additional leads generated!
- I’ve always disliked cold emailing. This campaign changed my mind - December 7, 2020
- We’ve raised €1,1M pre-seed to offer revenue marketing automation to SMBs - September 16, 2020
- How Supermetrics Align Their Marketing and Sales Teams for Maximum Revenue - June 16, 2020