Last updated: November 16, 2021
In a nutshell, Outfunnel connects your sales and marketing data. This may not be a very exciting thing for many businesses, but it’s hugely beneficial for organizations where sales and marketing need to work together.
The good news? Connecting marketing data with your CRM (Pipedrive, Copper, Airtable and HubSpot CRM) is super easy with Outfunnel.
5 benefits to look forward to when using Outfunnel
- Keep your sales and marketing contact lists in sync 24/7 – save time and never export-import .csv files again.
- Record marketing engagement data (opens, clicks, unsubscribes, etc.) in your CRM, so sales has full context and can sell smarter. Use Outfunnel to connect your marketing automation tool with your CRM or use our own simple email campaigns tool to get started.
- Use Web tracking to see which pages and pieces of content your leads visit on your website.
- Build lists of qualified opportunities with Lead scoring, or by building call lists of people who clicked or opened a particular email, or visited your website.
- Capture new leads from your website or lead ads, and have the right information appear in your CRM.
- See which channels and pages lead to new deals and actual sales revenue.
- Automatically capture lead source data in your CRM.
- See which email marketing campaigns drive new deals and revenue.
All of these steps take minutes to set up, and help drive results almost immediately.
1. INCREASE PRODUCTIVITY BY KEEPING LISTS IN SYNC
Connect your sales and marketing contact lists – save time and never import-export a .csv file again
Often, when you’re setting up a marketing campaign, there’s a bit of last-minute scrambling to extract the list.
For example, you may want to…
- Add recently joined customers;
- Exclude people that you’ve parted ways with;
- Exclude very VIP customers that Account Managers keep up-to-date;
- Be sure to remove people that have unsubscribed from your marketing emails.
With Outfunnel you can define such lists in your CRM once, and then forget about the need to ever extract another list. Your campaigns will run based on data changes in the CRM.
All you need to do is define recipients for your marketing campaign in the CRM and use Outfunnel’s App connector to keep these in sync with lists in your marketing automation tool. (See which CRMs and marketing tools Outfunnel currently works with.)
Once this is done, any new people that start matching the relevant segment in your CRM will be added to your email marketing tool’s lists or audiences, along with key fields. And you can then either send regular campaigns to an always-up-to-date list or trigger automated campaigns.
You can also get started with marketing automation by sending automated emails to your CRM lists with Outfunnel’s own simple email campaigns tool. It’s near-ideal for basic, conversational emails, but if you want to use advanced design templates or features like split testing, we’d recommend using a full-blown email marketing suite like Mailchimp or ActiveCampaign.
2. AUTOMATICALLY SHARE MARKETING DATA WITH SALES
Record marketing engagement data in your CRM, so sales has full context and can sell smarter
As a salesperson, wouldn’t it be great to see which emails people that I want to speak to have received, opened, and clicked?
With Outfunnel you can have all email engagement data (opens, clicks, unsubscribes, etc,) recorded in your CRM. In this way, your salespeople have full context of the leads.
This works regardless of whether you use our App connector and marketing tools like Mailchimp and ActiveCampaign, or our own email tool for your automated email marketing.
The best part? Setup takes just minutes. All you need to do is set up an app connection between your CRM and email tool, and configure how you want email engagement to be recorded. For example, you can:
- Have a custom activity “Campaign sent”, “Campaign opened” or “Campaign clicked” recorded in your CRM when people engage with emails.
- Have unsubscribes and even bounces recorded in your CRM, so you can plan follow-up activities.
Whenever emails get sent out, all the engagement will be visible in your CRM.
If you choose to send marketing emails with Outfunnel’s own simple email campaigns tool, all email engagement gets recorded in the CRM the same way.
3. PROVIDE SALES WITH MORE CONTEXT ABOUT LEADS
Use web tracking to see which pages and content your leads visit on your website
Our Website visitor tracking feature, or simply Web tracking as we call it, shows you which of your leads are visiting your website, and which pages of your website. This way you’ll know who appears more interested in your products and services, more ready to buy.
You can have this information automatically synced to contacts in your CRM. Here’s how:
Step 1: Add the Outfunnel web tracking code on your site.
Step 2: Outfunnel will identify web visitors from form fills or from clicks in your email campaigns. See the list of supported forms and more detailed instructions on our support site.
Step 3. Record web visits in your CRM. Go to Outfunnel > Web > Engagement recording to customize this.
Build lists of qualified opportunities with Lead scoring, or by targeting people who took a particular action
Smart salespeople find ways to qualify leads even before having a conversation, and email clicks or website visits are great proxies.
This is where Lead scoring comes in handy. Our Lead scoring feature auto-calculates a score for each contact based on how they’ve engaged with your emails and what they’ve done on your site. This score is of course then recorded in your CRM.
Alternatively, if you’ve configured Outfunnel to record email opens/ clicks or website visits as Custom activity in your CRM, you can later use its segmenting/filtering functionality to build call lists.
Simply navigate to the Activities tab in your CRM, define the date range, and choose either “Campaign Opened”, “Campaign Clicked” or “Website visit” as the activity to be filtered.
Bonus tip: if you’d like to take this a step further you could also use the workflow automation feature in your CRM to create a new follow-up activity upon on a specific page visit. For example, you can trigger the automation to create a new “Call” activity when a lead visits your “pricing” page.
4. GENERATE NEW LEADS AND OPPORTUNITIES
Capture new leads and have the right information appear in your CRM automatically
Among other marketing tool integrations, we’ve made it easy to connect your web forms and lead ads with your CRM, along with custom fields. So, you can use our App connector to set up the lead capture integration with your CRM. Learn more:
- Connecting WordPress forms with your CRM
- Connecting Wix forms with your CRM
- Connecting Facebook Lead Ads with your CRM
If you’re using Gravity Forms, Mailchimp forms or custom forms, Outfunnel will automatically add new form fills to your CRM once you have configured Web tracking. See the instructions for setting up web visitor tracking.
5. GET INSIGHTS
Understand which channels and content pieces lead to sales revenue
Wouldn’t it be nice to know which traffic sources, pieces of content and email campaigns lead to most won business, or highest-converting opportunities?
You can see this data with our reporting features. Our channel report shows an aggregate view of contacts that web tracking has identified, split by traffic source. Find it under Web > Channel report.
And if you’ve connected a CRM, the report also shows you new deals/opportunities that have been created and won for every channel, as well as the conversion rate.
Automatically capture lead source data in your CRM
If you’re using our Web tracking functionality, Outfunnel will automatically record source and medium data of that contact’s first visit in your CRM. This way you can use lead source data in the built-in reports of your CRM, or export it for further analysis in your favorite neighbourhood spreadsheet or BI tool.
See which email marketing campaigns drive new deals and revenue
Likewise, wouldn’t it be useful to know how many deals and how much revenue each of your email campaigns helped generate?
If you’re using Outfunnel’s own email campaigns, you can see such data in Outfunnel’s email conversion report.
The email conversion report shows you how many new deals were created and won from the recipients of the campaign. This report is split by those who did nothing, opened the campaign, clicked the campaign and replied to the campaign.
Ready to connect your sales and marketing data?
All of the above features are quick to set up and should save you quite a bit of money, compared to buying a monolithic large tool that does a little bit of everything.
Here’s to hours saved and additional leads generated!
- Our Answer To The Inconvenient Truth Of Marketing Integrations: Say Hello To The App Connector - May 17, 2021
- Keep On Connecting: 5 Connectors That Changed The World - May 14, 2021
- Say hello to our ActiveCampaign integration - April 28, 2021