In a nutshell, Outfunnel connects your sales and marketing data. This may not be a very exciting thing for many businesses, but for organizations where sales and marketing need to work together, it’s hugely beneficial.
The good news? Connecting marketing data with your CRM (Pipedrive, Copper and HubSpot CRM) is easy with Outfunnel.
5 benefits to look forward to when using Outfunnel
- Nurture your leads with simple, conversational drip campaigns or one-off mail shots, using Outfunnel’s own email marketing functionality, synced up wtih your CRM.
- Use a dedicated email marketing platform such as Mailchimp or ActiveCampaign (integrated with your CRM via Outfunnel) for campaigns. This gives you rich design templates, and advanced functionality like split testing.
Data will be tightly synced with your CRM in any case.
- Record email engagement and web visits in your CRM, so your sales team has full context before they reach out.
- Use web tracking to see which pages and content pieces your leads visit on your website.
- Build lists of qualified opportunities with lead scoring, or by building call lists of people who clicked or opened a particular email, or visited your website.
- Auto-sync your email lists – save time and never export-import a .csv file again!
- Capture new leads from your website and have the right information appear in your CRM.
- Understand which channels and pages lead to new deals and actual sales revenue.
- Automatically capture lead source data in your CRM.
- See which email marketing campaigns drive new deals and revenue.
Any of these steps should take minutes rather than hours or days, help to drive results almost immediately and save you lots of time in the long run.
1. NURTURE LEADS WITH EMAIL MARKETING
Nurture your leads with automated drip campaigns or one-off emails
Want to send an email sequence to a subset of your contacts, or fire off a quick one-off email mailshot eg. a webinar invite? And do it without the hassle of manually compiling and importing lists?
We’ve built deep integrations with Pipedrive, Copper and HubSpot CRM to make email marketing hassle-free.
Step 2: Authenticate your domain (Highly recommended if you’re using our email marketing feature)
Step 3: Go to Outfunnel > Campaigns -> “Create new campaign” to and access the segment(s) you’d created in your CRM and create your emails.
Use a dedicated email marketing platform such as Mailchimp or ActiveCampaign
Our own email functionality is near-ideal for simple email campaigns but at times you’d want to use advanced design templates or features like split testing (that we don’t have, at least not yet).
With Outfunnel you can use tools like Mailchimp and ActiveCampaign for email marketing, and let us take care of all the data syncing with your CRM.
Step 1. Define recipients in your CRM (for example, a Copper tag, Pipedrive filter or HubSpot list). See how
Step 2. Set up an app connection between your CRM and the email tool you’re looking to use for your that automatically adds people you’ve defined in Step 1 to an audience in your email marketing tool (along with the relevant custom fields).
Once this is done, any new people that start matching the relevant segment in your CRM will be added to your email marketing tool. And you can then either send regular campaigns to an always-up-to-date list or trigger automated campaigns.
2. PROVIDE SALES WITH CONTEXT ABOUT LEADS
Record email marketing actions in your CRM to give your sales team context about leads
As a salesperson, wouldn’t it be great to see which emails people that I want to speak to have received, opened, and clicked?
Unbelievably (read: predictably), this is one of the things you get with Outfunnel! If you’re using Outfunnel to send emails, this is enabled by default and you can even customize how email engagement is recorded in your CRM.
If you’re sending all or some emails via tools like Mailchimp or ActiveCampaign, you can set up a Mailchimp-to-CRM connection in the App connector page to do things like:
- Have a custom activity “Campaign sent”, “Campaign opened” or “Campaign clicked” added when people engage with emails.
- Have unsubscribes and even bounces recorded in your CRM, so you can plan follow-up activities.
Use web tracking to see which pages and content your leads visit on your website
Our website visitor tracking feature, or simply Web tracking as we call it, shows you which of your leads are visiting your website, and which pages of your website. This way you’ll know who appears more interested in your products and services, more ready to buy.
You can have this information automatically synced to contacts in your CRM.
Step 1: Add the Outfunnel tracking code on your site.
Step 2: Identify web visitors from form fills or by sending email campaigns from Outfunnel or Mailchimp. See the list of supported forms and more detailed instructions on our support site.
Step 3. Record web visits in your CRM. Go to Outfunnel > Web > Engagement recording to customize this.
Build lists of qualified opportunities with lead scoring, or by targeting people who took a particular action
Smart salespeople find ways to qualify leads even before having a conversation, and prospects clicking on marketing emails or visiting your site is a great proxy.
Our lead scoring feature can auto-calculate a score for each contact based on how they’ve engaged with your emails and what they’ve done on your site, and sync it back to the CRM.
Alternatively, if you’ve configured Outfunnel to record email opens/ clicks or website visits as Custom activity in your CRM, you can later use its segmenting/filtering functionality to build call lists.
Simply navigate to the Activities tab in your CRM, define the date range, and choose either “Campaign Opened”, “Campaign Clicked” or “Website visit” as the activity to be filtered.
Bonus tip: if you’d like to take this a step further you could also use the workflow automation feature in your CRM to create a new follow-up activity upon on a specific page visit. For example, you can trigger the automation to create a new “Call” activity when a lead visits your “pricing” page.
3. INCREASE MARKETING PRODUCTIVITY
Auto-create your email lists – save time and never import-export a .csv file again
Often, when you need to send out a newsletter, there’s a bit of last-minute scrambling to extract the list.
You’ll want to…
- Add recently joined customers;
- Exclude people that you’ve parted ways with;
- Exclude very VIP customers that Account Managers keep up-to-date;
- Be sure to remove people that have unsubscribed from your marketing emails.
With Outfunnel you can define the newsletter list once in your CRM and then forget about the need to ever need to extract another list.
Just follow the steps outlined in Nurture leads with email marketing above, no matter whether you’re using our own email marketing functionality or our app connector to connect other email marketing tools.
4. GENERATE NEW LEADS AND OPPORTUNITIES
Capture new leads from your website and have the right information appear in your CRM
While we don’t offer web forms and lead collection forms yet, we’ve made it easy to work with other tools that offer forms.
If you’re using Contact Form 7, Gravity Forms, Mailchimp forms or custom forms, Outfunnel will automatically add new form fills to your CRM once you have configured web tracking. See the instructions for setting up website visitor tracking.
If you’re using Mailchimp forms you can even map the fields in your CRM.
5. GET INSIGHTS
Understand which channels and content pieces lead to sales revenue
We’ve saved the best for last. Wouldn’t it be nice to know which traffic sources, pieces of content and email campaigns lead to most won business, or highest-converting opportunities?
You can see this data with our channel report, which you can find under Web tracking. The channel report shows an aggregate view of contacts that web tracking has identified, split by traffic source.
And if you’ve connected a CRM, the report also shows you new deals/opportunities that have been created and won for every channel, as well as the conversion rate.
Automatically capture lead source data in your CRM
If you’re using our website visitor tracking functionality, Outfunnel will automatically record source and medium data of that contact’s first visit in your CRM. This way you can use lead source data in the built-in reports of your CRM, or export it for further analysis in your favorite neighbourhood spreadsheet or BI tool.
See which email marketing campaigns drive new deals and revenue
Likewise, wouldn’t it be useful to know how many deals and how much revenue each of your email campaigns helped generate?
Meet Outfunnel’s email conversion report.
The email conversion report shows you how many new deals were created and won from the recipients of the campaign. This report is split by those who did nothing, opened the campaign, clicked the campaign and replied to the campaign.
Ready to bring your sales and marketing closer together?
All of the above features are quick to set up and should save you quite a bit of money, compared to buying a monolithic large tool that does a little bit of everything.
Here’s to hours saved and additional leads generated!
- I’ve always disliked cold emailing. This campaign changed my mind - December 7, 2020
- We’ve raised €1,1M pre-seed to offer revenue marketing automation to SMBs - September 16, 2020
- How Supermetrics Align Their Marketing and Sales Teams for Maximum Revenue - June 16, 2020