HubSpot CRM is a lightweight, easy and free customer relationship management (CRM) tool. While it has many basic features to get you started, you’ll want to set up supporting tools to boost sales productivity. That’s where HubSpot CRM integrations come into play.
Nothing is more powerful than connecting lead generation, nurturing and sales enablement tools to your CRM. And if you’re here, you probably found the HubSpot App Marketplace overwhelming to navigate.
We don’t blame you. The HubSpot App Ecosystem features over 500 integrations, with several new partners joining each month.
In this article we’ll review 7 of the best HubSpot CRM integrations tactics that will help you increase sales productivity.
All it will take is automating the mundane, making sure nothing falls through the cracks and connecting the key sales enablement tools. You ready? Time to get your HubSpot CRM powered up.
1. Automate your lead capture with web form integrations
Let’s start with the basics. You have to collect your leads somewhere and web forms will do this for you. Just make sure that these integrate with HubSpot CRM and your database will get populated automatically.
There are several integrations that let you build forms and popups to your site and sync the data over to your HubSpot CRM. The top integrations we’d highlight are Unbounce and, surprise-surprise, HubSpot’s free pop-up forms.
To help you choose between them, we’ll highlight the pros and cons of each below.
Lead capture with the Unbounce integration
Unbounce is undoubtedly a very powerful conversion optimization tool. Lead capturing and conversion rate optimization (CRO) are their bread and butter. The Unbounce-HubSpot CRM integration helps make sure your HubSpot database gets automatically populated with lead info, like email addresses, collected in the custom forms.
Here’s what an honest review on the HubSpot ecosystem says about Unbounce:
- Automated lead capture with forms, synced to your HubSpot CRM
- Create beautiful landing pages
- Powerful testing and optimization features
- Some features may need a little bit of coding
- Unbounce’s forms are pretty simple, so may not be suitable for you if you have very specific needs or wish to heavily customize
Lead capture with HubSpot’s Forms
HubSpot offers a free pop-up forms tool. It may seem an obvious choice and indeed, many decide to get started with these. However, its free functionality is limited to just the forms, so you’ll have to set up landing pages separately.
- Easy to set up forms that sync lead data to HubSpot CRM
- Free plan is sufficient for most marketing-specific form needs
- Most style customization options are not available for free
2. See relevant marketing insights in the CRM aka the key marketing-sales integrations (Mailchimp, Outfunnel)
There are two main ways in which marketing data can help increase your sales productivity. When key marketing insights and data is synced to your CRM automatically, you can:
- Determine the hottest leads at the right time and
- Know what the lead is especially interested in.
There are a few HubSpot CRM integrations that can help you align your marketing data with sales. We’ll highlight three of those here: Mailchimp, Outfunnel (yes, that’s us!), Facebook Ads and Google Ads.
Sync Mailchimp email campaigns engagement into HubSpot CRM
The Mailchimp-HubSpot integration will be helpful to you if your email marketing is already getting sent out with Mailchimp. The integration syncs your HubSpot CRM contacts to Mailchimp and sends Mailchimp email activity over to HubSpot (sends, opens and bounces).
- Automatically sync your contacts to Mailchimp
- See email campaigns activity in HubSpot
- Sync only works one way (contacts & updates to them don’t sync from Mailchimp to HubSpot) and for new contacts (existing contacts in the CRM won’t be synced to Mailchimp)
- Mailchimp can get costly if you have a lot of contacts
Sync email activity and web visits to HubSpot CRM with the Outfunnel integration (yep, that’s us!)
But perhaps your email automations don’t require all the functionality that the 800-pound email marketing gorilla (Mailchimp) offers.
If you’re looking to send conversational email sequences and one-off email campaigns to nurture your HubSpot CRM contacts, the Outfunnel-HubSpot integration may just be what you’re looking for.
In addition to the email automation features, Outfunnel offers lead scoring and web tracking to give you a complete picture of your leads.
- Send automated email sequences to nurture leads (works as an alternative to HubSpot sequences)
- See email activity in HubSpot
- Lead scoring and web tracking help paint a full picture of engagement
- Track ROI of email campaigns with the conversion report
- No support for building rich HTML emails, should you need them
3. Sync HubSpot with your inbox (but not all of it) aka email inbox integrations (Gmail, Outlook)
Integrating HubSpot with your inbox allows you to easily log emails in the HubSpot CRM.
Pro tip: only log sales emails, not all email activity. In this way, you can avoid pulling in unnecessary info and spamming your contact pages.
Email inboxes, integrated with HubSpot CRM
- Keep track of your sales emails in HubSpot CRM
- Use key HubSpot features in your inbox
- Email open and click info is only available to paid tiers of HubSpot Sales, which can become pricey
- Contacts are not synced between your inbox and CRM
4. Access the power of LinkedIn outreach from within HubSpot
LinkedIn has become a powerful outreach tool for sales, a close second to email. The Sales Navigator is LinkedIn’s sales management tool that makes it easy to find, contact and stay up to date with your contacts. With the Sales Navigator, you can message people outside of your network, do advanced searches, save leads and create custom account lists.
Now, pair that with HubSpot CRM, and what do you get? All the powerful features, inside HubSpot CRM.
Use the LinkedIn Sales Navigator inside HubSpot CRM
In short, here are the pros and cons of the LinkedIn Sales Navigator-HubSpot CRM integration:
- Send InMail directly from the contact record in HubSpot CRM.
- View shared connections, experiences, and interests.
- See key info on your company records to better understand your key accounts
- Requires the Team pricing of LinkedIn Sales Navigator, which can be too pricey for SMBs.
5. Sync conversations from social platforms to HubSpot (LinkedIn, Messenger)
Sometimes, sales conversations start in LinkedIn or in your Facebook Page’s messages. As if your email inbox wasn’t enough of a challenge to stay on top of, right?
Well, fret not. There are integrations that can help you sync your social conversations to HubSpot CRM.
Sync LinkedIn conversations to HubSpot with LinkedHub
The LinkedHub Chrome extension will do the trick for LinkedIn messages.
- Select which LinkedIn profiles you wish to sync to HubSpot.
- Automatically log messages with chosen profiles to HubSpot.
- No official app on the HubSpot platform, but 2,000+ users and stellar reviews should give you enough confidence to try it out.
Sync Facebook Business conversations to HubSpot
If you have a company page that people sometimes write to, the Facebook Messenger-HubSpot integration will help sure none of these fall through the cracks.
- Manage Messenger conversations from HubSpot.
- Create chatbots for your Facebook page, if you think that’s a good idea.
6. Ensure smooth calling with calendars, calling software, transcribing integrations
Calling is a key communication channel for salespeople. So, consider using the following calling and call-related integrations to make sure your calls go smoothly.
Easily create calls and meeting with the Outlook/Google calendar integration
- Simultaneously log a meeting in your CRM, create a calendar event for that meeting, and send invites to meeting guests.
- Connected with the HubSpot meetings tool, your prospects can book a time that works for both of you, without the back-and-forth of email.
- Some reviews say the integration makes the calendar slow.
- The functionality is pretty basic, and does not allow for easy rescheduling, for example.
Manage calling workflows with the Aircall integration
Aircall is a great telephony app for sales and support teams. The Aircall-HubSpot integration creates a cloud-based phone system right inside HubSpot CRM. However, do note it is only useful if you have at least 3 agents or more, as Aircall’s plans do not accommodate teams with fewer agents.
Companies with 50-200 employees that have a lot of sales and support calls can really benefit from it though. See Natan’s review as proof:
- Place outbound phone calls inside HubSpot with just a click, or load a list of contacts in the Aircall phone for automatic outbound dialing.
- Your HubSpot contact and deal information is displayed in Aircall’s phone app, before even answering the phone.
- Calls will be logged automatically in the HubSpot timeline of the right contact, along with details like call notes and call recording.
- It is quite costly, so only for larger businesses will really benefit
7. Wow your prospects with beautiful proposals and quotes
If you’re in a field where brand matters, it’s worth putting in extra effort to make your sales materials look top-notch. It will make you stand out and leave a lasting impression.
Create and send impressive sales documents without leaving HubSpot
The Qwilr-HubSpot CRM integration may just be the best kept secret on the App Ecosystem. Use it to create, send and track your good-looking sales documents.
- Quickly create personalized proposals, quotes and presentations
- See document activity (views and acceptance) right in HubSpot
- Autofill document content with client details from HubSpot
- Pricing may be a turn-off if you’re not sending a lot of sales materials
Did we miss any great HubSpot CRM integrations that power up sales productivity? Let us know in the comments.
The #1 top-rated Pipedrive integration is now available for HubSpot CRM users. Integrate Outfunnel with your HubSpot account and start sending revenue-generating email campaigns. Get started with a free 14-day trial today.
- 7 HubSpot CRM Integrations That Power Sales Productivity - September 9, 2020
- It’s here: our HubSpot CRM integration is live - September 2, 2020
- Chief Revenue Officer: What Does a CRO Do? Does Your Startup Need One? - July 30, 2020